Messi vs Ronaldo Trophies: Most people agree that Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are two of the best players to ever play the game of football. The two and their rivalry helped shape a football generation. Everyone has an opinion about who the best player is, thanks to the rivalry that has grown over more than ten years. To give you another basis for comparison, we’ve provided a summary of all the statistics for Leo vs CR7 trophies across their whole career so far. Check it out!
|Year||Lionel Messi||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|2020/21||Copa Del Rey, Ballon d’Or, Pichichi award, Copa America||Coppa Italia|
|2018/2019||European Golden Shoe, Spanish Super Cup, La Liga||Serie A, Supercoppa Italiana, UEFA Nations League|
|2017/2018||European Golden Shoe, Copa Del Rey, La Liga||Champions League, Spanish Super Cup, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Ballon d’Or|
|2016/2017||European Golden Shoe, Spanish Super Cup, Copa Del Rey||Champions League, La Liga, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Ballon d’Or|
|2015/2016||Ballon d’Or, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup, La Liga||European Championship, Champions League|
|2014/2015||Copa Del Rey, La Liga, Champions League||Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, European Golden Shoe, Ballon d’Or|
|2013/2014||Spanish Super Cup||Champions League, Copa Del Rey, European Golden Shoe, Ballon d’Or|
|2012/2013||Ballon d’Or, European Golden Shoe, La Liga||Spanish Super Cup|
|2011/2012||Ballon d’Or, European Golden Shoe, Spanish Super Cup, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Copa Del Rey||La Liga|
|2010/2011||Ballon d’Or, Spanish Super Cup, La Liga, Champions League||European Golden Shoe, Copa Del Rey|
|2009/2010||Ballon d’Or, European Golden Shoe, Spanish Super Cup, Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, La Liga||–|
|2008/2009||Copa Del Rey, La Liga, Champions League||Premier League, League Cup, Community Shield, Club World Cup, Ballon d’Or|
|2007/2008||–||Champions League, Community Shield, Premier League, European Golden Shoe|
|2006/2007||Spanish Super Cup||Premier League|
|2005/2006||Spanish Super Cup, La Liga, Champions League||League Cup|
|2002/2003||–||Supercopa de Portugal|
READ: Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo – Who is better in modern football?
Messi vs Ronaldo Trophies Battle
The numbers of Messi vs Ronaldo trophies have been both impressive, although Leo has a little ahead in league titles thanks to Barcelona’s 10 La Liga championships. The Portuguese player has won seven league championships, but unlike his Argentina counterpart, he can lay claim to have done it in three distinct nations (England, Spain, and Italy). This, in some people’s opinion, strengthens his case for the GOAT title.
Cristiano has an advantage against Leo in that league because of his love for the Champions League and his moniker, “Mr. Champions League.” CR7 has also accomplished a lot for Portugal on the international stage, taking home the European Championship and UEFA Nations League titles.
On the other hand, Messi has experienced a great deal of heartache with Argentina, who have had four poor Copa America campaigns, three of which resulted in a loss in the championship game. Before going on to win the 2022 Finalissima, he ultimately won the Copa in 2021. The Argentina player has an Olympic gold medal, but neither has taken home the World Cup.
Messi vs Ronaldo individual trophies
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2016, 2017
- The Best FIFA Special Award: 2021
- European Golden Shoe: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15
- FPF Portuguese Player of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2006–07, 2007–08
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2007–08
- La Liga Best Player: 2013–14
- Pichichi Trophy: 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15
- Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2019, 2020
- Capocannoniere: 2020–21
- Ballon d’Or/FIFA Ballon d’Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019, 2021
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2019
- European Golden Shoe: 2009-2010, 2011-2012, 2012–2013, 2016–2017, 2017–2018, 2018–2019
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2014
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009, 2011
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: 2020
- La Liga Best Player: 2008–2009, 2009–2010, 2010–2011, 2011–2012, 2012–2013, 2014–2015
- Pichichi Trophy: 2009−10, 2011–12, 2012−13, 2016–17, 2017−18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21
- Argentine Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022
READ: Gareth Bale vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Who is Better Player?
Messi vs Ronaldo club trophies
Between these two famous players, who have achieved more trophies?
Clubs: Manchester United; Juventus; Real Madrid; Sporting Lisbon
- English Premier League titles: 3
- English FA Cup: 1
- English Football League Cup: 2
- Spanish La Liga titles: 2
- Spanish Copa del Rey: 2
- Spanish Supercup: 2
- UEFA Champions League: 5 (four with Real Madrid, one with Man Utd)
- UEFA Super Cup: 2
- FIFA Club World Cup: 4
- Portugal Super Cup: 1
- Italian Supercoppa: 2
- Italian Serie A titles: 2
- UEFA European Championship titles: 1 (2016)
- UEFA Nations League titles: 1 (2019)
- The all-time leading scorer in men’s international football
- The all-time leading scorer in European Championship history
- Euro 2020 golden boot winner
Clubs: Paris Saint-Germain; Barcelona
- Spanish La Liga titles: 10
- Spanish Copa del Rey: 7
- Spanish Supercup: 7
- Uefa Champions League: 4
- Uefa Super Cup: 3
- Fifa Club World Cup: 3
- French Ligue 1 titles: 1
- Finalissima: 1 (2022)
- 2021 Copa America winner and golden boot winner
- Fifa Under-20 World Cup: 1 (2005)
- Olympic Gold Medal: 1 (2008)
- Record number of appearances for Argentina: 162
READ: Messi vs Neymar – Who Is The Best?
While Ronaldo has held 34 trophies, Messi has won 36. And he has won the Ballon d’Or trophy five times, whereas Leo has won it seven times. With Barcelona, the Argentina player has participated in 38 El Clasico matches and scored 26 goals. In his 30 El Clasico appearances, CR7 has scored 18 goals. He has only won 8 El Clasicos from 30 outings, compared to Messi’s 17 titles from 38 matches.
As you can see, Leo won more trophies than CR7 so far. But, besides the Ronaldo vs Messi trophies, who do you think is the better player? Please let us know your ideas. And don’t hesitate to follow us on Sporting difference to get more football information besides the comparison of Leo vs CR7 trophies and other sports as well.
Thank you for reading!