Lewandowski vs Ronaldo: One of Cristiano Ronaldo’s best records has been matched by Robert Lewandowski. The Polish striker tied CR7’s career high for the most goals in a calendar year when he scored Bayern Munich’s 69th goal in the victory over Wolfsburg.
Given that Ronaldo is widely regarded as the best goal scorer in history, it is quite amazing that Lewandowski has been able to match him in terms of finishing during the past 12 months.
|Full name||Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro||Robert Lewandowski|
|Date of birth||5 February 1985||21 August 1988|
|Place of birth||Funchal, Madeira, Portugal||Warsaw, Poland|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Current team||Manchester United||Barcelona|
COMPARE OTHER PLAYERS:
- Benzema vs Lewandowski – Who Is The Better Football Player?
- Rooney vs Ronaldo – Who Is The Greater Man Utd Legend?
Lewandowski vs Ronaldo goals
In prime seasons
That would be the 2014–15 Real Madrid season, in which the Portugal star scored 61 goals, and the 2019–20 Bayern Munich season, in which Lewandowski scored 55 goals.
However, we won’t just put a stop to the discussion with their top-line goal numbers because our engine has access to a ton more information, including passing and defensive statistics. What is the conclusion, then? Let’s start by digging into CR7 and the Poland player’s league statistics from La Liga and the Bundesliga during their peak seasons, respectively.
In terms of league football, Ronaldo has a complete rout of Lewandowski, outperforming the Polish player in terms of goals, assists, Man of the Match accolades, and average match rating.
The five-time winner of the Ballon d’Or even tops the charts for blocks and clearances per game, as well as being passed less often and having a higher pass completion rate for good measure.
Lewandowski vs Ronaldo Champions League stats
How about the Champions League, though? Now things start to get interesting since the Barcelona star just so happened to have one of the best European seasons in recent memory during his prime year.
While Ronaldo finished the 2014–15 season with 10 goals, three assists, two Man of the Match titles, and an overall average surpass rating of 7.83, he was unable to match Lewandowski’s 2019–20 numbers.
The Bayern star had an amazing average of 9.03 in the Champions League, which was supported by 15 goals, five assists, and six MOTM trophies from just 10 games.
READ: Gareth Bale vs Cristiano Ronaldo: Who is Better Player?
Cristiano Ronaldo vs Robert Lewandowski trophies
- Premier League: 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
- FA Cup: 2003-04
- Football League Cup: 2005-06, 2008-09
- FA Community Shield: 2007
- UEFA Champions League: 2007-08
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
- La Liga: 2011-12, 2016-17
- Copa del Rey: 2010-11, 2013-14
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- Serie A: 2018-19, 2019-20
- Coppa Italia: 2020-21
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2018, 2020
- UEFA European Championship: 2016
- UEFA Nations League: 2018-19
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: in 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2016, 2017
- The Best FIFA Special Award for Outstanding Career Achievement: in 2021
- European Golden Shoe: 2007-08, 2010-11, 2013-14, 2014-15
- FPF Portuguese Player of the Year: in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2006-07, 2007-08
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2006-07, 2007-08
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2007-08
- La Liga Best Player: 2013-14
- Pichichi Trophy: 2010-11, 2013-14, 2014-15
- Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2019
- Capocannoniere: 2020-21
- Ekstraklasa: 2009-10
- Polish Cup: 2008-09
- Polish Super Cup: 2009
- Bundesliga: 2010-11, 2011-12
- DFB-Pokal: 2011-12
- DFL-Supercup: 2013
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2012-13
- Bundesliga: 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22
- DFB-Pokal: 2015-16, 2018-19, 2019-20
- DFL-Supercup: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021
- UEFA Champions League: 2019-20
- UEFA Super Cup: 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2020
- Ballon d’Or Striker of the Year / Gerd Müller Trophy: in 2021, 2022
- European Golden Shoe: 2020-21, 2021-22
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2020, 2021
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2020, 2021
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2020
- IFFHS World: 2015, 2020, 2021
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2020, 2021
- IFFHS UEFA Team of the Decade: 2011-2020
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year: 2019-20
- UEFA Champions League: 2019-20
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: in 2015-16, 2016-17, 2019-20, 2020-21
- UEFA Euro qualifying Best Player: 2016
- European Sportsperson of the Year: 2020
- World Soccer Player of the Year: 2020, 2021
- Tuttosport Golden Player: 2020, 2021
- The Guardian Best Footballer in the World: in 2020, 2021
- Goal 50: 2019-20
- Globe Soccer: 2020, 2021
- Guinness World Record (x4): 2015
- Ekstraklasa: 2008, 2009, 2010
- II Liga top goalscorer: 2007-08
- III Liga top goalscorer: 2006-07 III Liga
- Polish Footballer of the Year: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Polish Sports Personality of the Year: in 2015, 2020, and 2021
- VDV Bundesliga: 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22
READ: Suarez vs Lewandowski – Who is Better?
Lewandowski vs Ronaldo skills
In order to maintain possession of the ball under pressure, the Portugal star developed a muscular body type. He has an advantage in winning aerial duels thanks to his power and jumping skills as well as his elevation, heading precision, and height of 1.87 m (6 ft 1+12 in). Since he can play as a target man and poses an aerial goal threat in the penalty area thanks to these qualities, several of his goals have been headers.
His ability to score goals significantly improved on the left wing, where he was allowed the flexibility to roam into the center to finish attacks, in conjunction with his enhanced stamina and work rate. He has also taken on a more creative role for his club, frequently diving to catch the ball, help set up plays, and give his teammates opportunities thanks to his keen eye and excellent passing.
Lewandowski is a prolific goal scorer who uses both of his feet and his head to finish accurately and effectively, earning him the nickname Lewangoalski. He is described as a well-rounded forward who possesses nearly all the essential traits of a classic number nine, including height, strength, balance, pace, intelligent movement, and the ability to use both feet.
He typically uses the penalty area to score goals. The Poland striker can hold the ball up with his back to the goal and either bring his teammates into play or win fouls for his team in advantageous positions thanks to his positional sense, ability to shoot on the first attempt, strength in the air, and powerful shot with either foot, as well as his excellent technical skills, quick feet, proficient dribbling, vision, and physique. He frequently plays as a lone center forward or a pure striker at the same time.
From the stats, it truly comes down to which tournament you respect the most because Lewandowski’s peak wins in Europe while Ronaldo’s prime season wins out domestically. In any case, let it serve as another piece of evidence that the Barcelona star truly ranks alongside CR7 given his amazing goal-scoring in recent seasons.
Lewandowski vs Ronaldo – What do you think about these two football stars? Feel free to connect with us and share your idea on our website Sporting difference. Thank you!