David Silva vs De Bruyne: Numerous players have joined Manchester City over the years, and some of them have gone on to become club legends. Kevin De Bruyne and David Silva are two footballers who have displayed their ingenuity in the Premier League. They are also among the top players who have ensured that it continues to be the most competitive league in Europe. Check out the comparison of David Silva vs De Bruyne stats and come to the end of this post to find who is the better player.
|De Bruyne||David Silva|
|Full name||Kevin De Bruyne||David Josué Jiménez Silva|
|Date of birth||28 June 1991||8 January 1986|
|Place of birth||Drongen, Belgium||Arguineguín, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Current team||Manchester City||Real Sociedad|
READ: Paul Pogba vs De Bruyne: Who Is the Better Player?
De Bruyne vs David Silva goals
With 436 appearances, 77 goals, and 140 assists under his belt during his ten-year stay at the club, the Spanish playmaker finished with a rate of 0.3 assists per game and 0.3 big chances per game.
He continues to lead City in assists, victories, and games played in the Premier League. In contrast, one of the top midfielders in the world, the Belgium player, is statistically not far behind. He outperforms the Spaniard in terms of assists per game with a rate of 0.4.
In addition, he averages 0.9 shots on goal per game, compared to Silva’s 0.6, and he creates 0.6 more chances every game.
David Silva vs De Bruyne trophies
- Copa del Rey: 2007–08
- Premier League: 2011–12, 2013–14, 2017–18, 2018–19
- FA Cup: 2010–11, 2018–19
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
- FA Community Shield: 2012, 2018, 2019
- Copa del Rey: 2019–20
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2004
- FIFA World Cup: 2010
- UEFA European Championship: 2008, 2012
- FIFA U-17 World Championship Bronze Ball: 2003
- Pedro Zaballa Award: 2005
- Premier League Player of the Month: September 2011
- Manchester City Player of the Season: 2016–17
- Manchester City Players’ Player of the Season: 2011–12
- PFA Team of the Year: 2011–12 Premier League, 2017–18 Premier League, 2019–20 Premier League
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2012
READ: De Bruyne vs Bruno Fernandes – All Career Stats And Trophies
- Belgian Pro League: 2010–11
- Belgian Cup: 2008–09
- Belgian Super Cup: 2011
- DFB-Pokal: 2014–15
- DFL-Supercup: 2015
- Premier League: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2020–21, 2021–22
- FA Cup: 2018–19
- Football League Cup/EFL Cup: 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21
- FA Community Shield: 2019
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2020–21
- FIFA World Cup third place: 2018
- Bundesliga Young Player of the Year: 2012–13
- Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2014–15
- Bundesliga Team of the Year: 2014–15
- Bundesliga top assist provider: 2014–15
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2014–15
- France Football World XI: 2015
- Belgian Sportsman of the Year: 2015
- Best Belgian Player Abroad: 2015, 2016
- Manchester City Player of the Season: in 2015–16, 2017–18, 2019–20, 2021–22
- Manchester City Goal of the Season: 2019–20
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2020, 2021
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2019, 2020
- ESM Team of the Year: in 2017–18, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2017–18, 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: in 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21
- UEFA Champions League Team of the Season: 2021–22
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- Premier League Goal of the Month: in November 2019, July 2020
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2019–20, 2020–21
- UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season: 2019–20
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2020, 2021
- IFFHS UEFA Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
READ: Alisson vs De Gea – Who is the Better goalkeeper in EPL?
Kevin De Bruyne vs David Silva skills
The Spanish playmaker is a brilliant and flexible left-footed player who is renowned for having superb first touch, good dribbling skills, and outstanding technical ability. These attributes, combined with his smart attacking movements, enable him to maintain possession in confined spaces and to open up a defense for himself and his teammates.
One of the best players in the world at his position and one of the greatest midfielders in Premier League history, he has earned the nicknames Merlin and El Mago for his poise on the ball as well as his vision, passing accuracy, ability to read the game, pick a pass, and control the tempo of his team’s play.
He is mostly a playmaker for his side, but he can also score goals on his own and help his team score goals, allowing him to play a variety of offensive roles.
Compare with David Silva, De Bruyne lacks significant physical strength, pace, or ability in the air. However, he is a quick and graceful player on the ball with good dribbling skills. Moreover, his positional sense, tactical intelligence, movement, direct style of play, and ability to run at defenses when in possession also allow him to take advantage of gaps in the opposition’s defense and subsequently create chances and goalscoring opportunities for himself or his teammates, making him a dangerous player.
He is a skilled set-piece taker in addition to his creative skills, and he can score goals by making late runs off the ball from behind into the penalty area. Because of his technique, talent, athleticism, work ethic off the ball, vision, crossing accuracy, wide range of passing, and powerful long-range shooting ability with either foot, he is frequently referred to by experts as one of the best and most complete contemporary-day advanced playmakers.
READ: Neymar vs Mbappe – Who Is Better?
It is evident that David Silva and De Bruyne are both exceptional players. However, when it comes to comparing the two, there can only be one clear winner. Although the Belgium player has made some impressive strides in his career, Silva’s skills have set him apart as one of the best midfielders in the world. What is your opinion? Please don’t hesitate to share with us on our website Sporting difference.
Thank you for reading!